WATCH: How Therapy Development for CMT Works
How do treatments go from the research lab to clinical trials to your medicine cabinet? In just five minutes, research expert Dr. Grace Pavlath shares an overview of the drug development process for CMT as part of our CMT 101 video series.
In this video, you will learn:
- How the drug development process works and how long it typically takes for a drug to get from a research lab to your living room
- The three types of CMT therapies
- That treatments either treat the symptoms or the underlying cause
- The general approaches for gene therapies
- The various drugs in the development pipeline for CMT
- The importance of tailoring treatments for specific CMT types
Read about the research projects the CMT Research Foundation is currently funding to deliver effective treatments for CMT.
Learn More About CMT
Learn more about CMT and stay up to date on the latest research the CMT Research Foundation is funding to find treatments and cures by signing up for our e-newsletter now.